July 17, 2008
Warning! The current version of NeoMem has a bug that might corrupt some text data.
If you're a current user, please keep occasional backups of your data.
New Version 1.2b released March 1, 2006
- Index View includes ability to filter by class
- Use Ctrl+D for strikethrough format
- Bugfix: pasting large amounts of text (~5000 lines) would crash the program.
- Bugfix: Incompatibility of password protected files between Windows 2000 and XP.
- *Important* If you're on Windows XP and use password protection on your files,
please turn it off and resave the files before upgrading to version 1.2b.
You can turn it on again after the upgrade.
This had to do with the different platforms offering different cryptography providers -
NeoMem now defaults to using what is effectively the Windows 2000 provider.
Version 1.2a released February 20, 2006:
- Export entire file or selected object (recursively) to csv (this has limitations,
as far as being imported to other programs - Excel has a 32k character per
cell limit and Access a 64k character per row limit, which makes this feature
less useful than one might hope. But someday there will be an export to XML feature...)
- Uses an ini file instead of the registry for storing options
- Added File, Folder, Email, and Website property types, to replace
the Hyperlinks type (which is still available, though deprecated)
- Added Strikethrough format
- Insert date/time from Edit menu or F5 key
- Use Alt+, and Alt+. for back/forwards
- Use Alt+Backspace for undo, in addition to Ctrl+Z
- Various bug fixes, including the one of printing extra blank pages
NeoMem allows you to store and organize all kinds of information in a
cross between a word processor and database. The interface is similar to
Windows Explorer, except that instead of dealing with files on a hard disk
you deal with objects in a file.
It can be used to store to do lists, books, website passwords, addresses,
account information, and collections of all kinds. You can define your own
classes for items that you want to store information about, and define
properties for those objects. Each object can also store formatted text
in a simple word processor view.
This screenshot shows part of the example file that
comes with NeoMem. Click to enlarge (28K).
- Find any information in your file quickly using the global search
- Store different types of information in your objects:
Link to other objects in file,
- Class Wizard walks you through creating your own classes and
properties for new objects.
- Comes with an example/tutorial file to help you get started.
- Comes with dozens of icons, and you can also easily import your
own from standard .ico files.
- Small program size - designed so that you can leave it open while
you do other things on your computer - have all your information
accessible at all times.
- Fast operation - the entire file is read into memory for quick
- Works on Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
The current version is 1.2b and was created March 1, 2006.
*Important* Please see the note at the top if you're
on Windows XP and using password protection on your files.
Click here to download the setup program --->
or here for just the zip file --->
For more version history, see News
NeoMem is free software, released under an MIT X11 license.
Click here to download the source code (Visual C++/MFC) --->